[Xastir] Re: Fcc database

James Jolin jjolin at itol.com
Thu Sep 2 15:46:34 EDT 2004

Curt, WE7U wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, James Jolin wrote:
>

>>I did as above and it still doesn't work.  The permissions for the file
>>are r w which should be ok esp for a root user.  What is the problem here?
>

> If you ran "./fcc-get" as root, it should have created all of the
> proper files in the proper format for both FCC and RAC lookups, and
> installed them into the proper directory.  Assuming you have a
> fairly recent Xastir, that should work.  If you have a very old
> Xastir, it's possible that it is too old for the current format
> files.
>
> Killing/restarting Xastir should cause Xastir to hang for a bit on
> startup as it creates its own index for those files, then Xastir
> should come up and the searches should work.  Are you seeing an
> FCC/RAC lookup button on the Station Info dialog that's not
> greyed-out?  Are you able to look up a station in the indexes from
> the Station->Find Station dialog, using the "FCC/RAC Lookup" button?
>
> --
> Curt, WE7U			         http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
> "Lotto:    A tax on people who are bad at math." -- unknown

Curt, et al
I checked things again and here is what I have found.  Right clicking on
a station brings up "look up fcc database" (nothing about Canada;
nothing greyed out).  I looked in the fcc directory and found En.dat,
AMACALL.LST, and, of course, placeholder.  The xastir version is 1.3.2.
"Find station" in the station list does not appear to do anything.
Jim