[Xastir] Re: Fcc database

Tom Russo russo at bogoflux.losalamos.nm.us
Mon Sep 6 23:08:56 EDT 2004

On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 05:14:29PM -0700, a Mr. Richard Feyler of Fort Lee, New Jersey <archer at eskimo.com> writes 'Dear Rosanne Rosannadanna':
> On Fri, 3 Sep 2004, James Jolin wrote:
>
> > I think I found the problem. When I clicked on the En.dat file it never
> > had all the calls..it got to some "K" calls and that was it...no "W's"
> > or anything.  The two index files were there and xastir created them
> > again after I deleted them. The two grep commands returned nothing.  The
> > appl.ndx file showed only a few K calls.  What do you make of that.
>
> Sounds like the indexing code took a hit recently.  I'll
> investigate.

Actually, it sounds a lot more like a corrupt en.dat file --- perhaps the
sort procedure failed partway through and only had gotten up to the K's?

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1 http://www.qsl.net/~km5vy/
(1) Ignorance of your profession is best concealed by solemnity and silence,
which pass for profound knowledge upon the generality of mankind.
                -------"Advice to Officers of the British Army", 1783