[Xastir] Imagemagick 6 and tiger maps

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Sep 7 18:25:41 EDT 2004

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, Bob Nielsen wrote:

> I hadn't fiddled with xastir in several months, so did a CVS update and
> compile.  Now online tiger maps no longer will display.  I noticed that
> my system (Libranet 2.8.1 plus some native Debian, regularly updated)
> now has version 6.0.5.2 of libmagick-dev and wondered if the
> Imagemagick folks had made another incompatible change?

It's possible.  Another possibility is that the Tiger server is
timing out.  You can now crank the timeout up to 90 seconds max.
Try that, and you might also try a small map window.  See if the
image is making it into ~/.xastir/tmp

Also try "display map.gif" or "display map.jpg" to see if
ImageMagick has support for the file format you're using.