[Xastir] Connection failure popup?

Tapio Sokura oh2kku at iki.fi
Wed Sep 8 12:16:37 EDT 2004

Curt, WE7U wrote:
>>Can I keep the message window from popping up every time a retry is sent?

> Leave the window up, but hide it or mostly hide it behind the main
> window.

This talk about popups reminded me of the annoying habit of Xastir to
popup several windows (I have auto-reconnect enabled) when it loses
connection to an APRS-IS server. Is there a way to disable these
connection failure popups and just keep on trying the connection in the
background (maybe just display the failure status in the status bar on
the bottom)? Maybe a switch to the interface properties window, where
you could select whether you want to know when the connection fails?

I was also thinking about a "projector" mode for Xastir, especially made
so that no popups whatsoever (interface failures, messages, bulletins,
etc) are automatically raised. Or maybe they could raised, but layered
under the main map window so it is not obstructed. This could come handy
in situations where you want to display some kind of general status
window for a larger audience via an unattended video projector/computer
combination. This could be at a SAR operations center or at a results
bureau of a sports competition, for example. What do you think?

   Tapio

PS. Another thing that came into my mind is the significance of num lock
key status. Why does it have to be off to be able to use the right mouse
button menu (maybe this is FAQ, but I'm asking anyway :-))?