[Xastir] Re: xastir and cpu

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Sep 8 13:04:49 EDT 2004

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, ke4lkq wrote:

> ITS' THE SERIAL WEATHER INTERFACE!!!! Cpu goes from .7 %-2.3% with all
> interfaces (internet and tnc) enabled except the wx to over 37% and up with
> serial weather turned on! I just saw 50% for more than 2 seconds.
>
> Same thing when all interfaces off and wx turned on.  So its in the wx
> interface for some reason.

Which weather station?  We have different code for the different
types of weather stations.

> I am trying to learn how to do that gprof thing, maybe that will refine it
> further.

1) Add "-pg" to the CFLAGS section of xastir/src/Makefile.  Mine
looks like this:

    CFLAGS = -g -O2 -pipe -Wall -pthread -pg

2) "make clean"

3) make install

4) xastir &

5) Close Xastir and then run "gprof /usr/local/bin/xastir".  It'll
use the Xastir binary and the gmon.out file created from running
Xastir to give you the profile.