[Xastir] Re: xastir and cpu

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Sep 9 10:58:57 EDT 2004

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, ke4lkq wrote:

> Okay this is several hours runtime. Cpu was going back and forth between 37%
> and 76%!!
>
> Maybe something else is wrong??

Try the latest CVS, as I stated in another message this morning on
this mailing list.  That should speed up the main thread anyway.
With respect to other threads, like the read/write threads for the
serial interface, see this link:

    http://sam.zoy.org/writings/programming/gprof.html

You may want to try compiling the code presented there, then linking
that in with the Xastir executable so that the other threads get
profiled.  I'm not sure at present whether all the threads or just
the main thread are getting profiled on my system.  I suppose if I
can't find port_read() in the listings, that'll tell me for sure.