[Xastir] weather station info......

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Sep 9 11:40:48 EDT 2004

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004, N1OFZ wrote:

> I'm also very interested in adding a weather station.  I have been
> looking at µWeather at http://www.rxcomm.net  Anyone have any good/bad
> experience?  I know it really doesn't hook into Xastir but it does look
> really neat.
>
> What is the best (most supported) wx station that works with Xastir?

Peet Brothers weather stations, and the Oregon
Scientific/Huger/Radio Shack non-wireless weather stations (like the
WM-918).

The Dallas/AAG One-Wire weather stations will work if you run the
OWW daemon and connect Xastir to OWW.  This is a cheap way to start
as the AAG is around $100 with shipping, but it only has a few
sensors, so you end up paying quite a bit if you want a
full-featured station.

The Oregon Scientific/Huger/Radio Shack wireless stations work if
you run the WX200 daemon and connect Xastir to WX200.

Davis works if you run MySQL, the db2APRS shim program, and the
Meteo daemon.