[Xastir] Igate operation

Tim Gimmel tim at gimmel.org
Thu Sep 9 23:15:57 EDT 2004

I have set up a station that now has Internet access and RF access.  I
have everything set up so that RF can go to IN and IN to RF, but I'm not
so sure anything is happening.  I have been watching the tnc.log,
net.log and igate.log (sorta like watching paint dry) to get a clue on
how it works, and the best I can see is if I send a message it goes out
both interfaces and the first ack wins.  Does anyone have a primer on
how igates should work, whats the best thing to allow and not allow,
path information etc.  I am still struggling with how the path's are
constructed, about the time I have them figured out I see something new
out in the wild.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
73, Tim, KB4AMA