[Xastir] Message ACK question

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Sep 10 13:36:39 EDT 2004

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004, Jason Hitesman wrote:

> I tried getting that setup but can't get the ax.25 utils to compile
> under debian Sarge for some reason.  Haven't had time to dig into it.

There's another way, but you might need some header files from the
AX.25 package installed:  Set up the usermode Soundmodem driver as a
Serial KISS device instead of as an AX.25 kernel driver.  You start
it up and it provides a pty port to connect to, just like it was a
serial port with a KISS TNC on it.