[Xastir] This what happen when I started xastir

KC7ZRU kc7zru at arrl.net
Mon Sep 13 02:26:50 EDT 2004

Johnny wrote:
| This is my first to ./configure/make/make install a package this way
| It ./configure with no errors  i installed some more package that was
| needed to get to configure
|
| This what I get when I start xastir what else do I need to do to get it
| to run
| sorry for the bandwith
|
| Johnny
| KM5IM
|
| debian:/usr/local/bin# ./xastir
|

| Built-in map types:
|      gnis   USGS GNIS Datapoints
|       map   APRSdos Maps
|       map   WinAPRS/MacAPRS/X-APRS Maps
|       pdb   PocketAPRS Maps
|
| Support for these additional map types has been compiled in:
|       geo   URL (Internet maps via wget)
|       xpm   X Pixmap Maps (XPM library)
| Found out-of-range or non-existent value (29261824) for

::snip::

| XReadBitmapFile() failed: Bitmap not found?
| /usr/share/xastir/symbols/2x2.xbm

Johnny,

The vast majority of this is as expected and is normal.

The top part is a summary of the supported map types - handy info to
have - also useful double check your install.

Xastir uses a configuration file locate in
/home/<user>/.xastir/config/xastir.cnf

Everytime xastir starts, if it dosen't find an expected parameter in
that file, it creates it and assigns it a valid default value. That's
what all those "Found out-of-range..." lines are about. Xastir is
correctly creating your xastir.cnf file for you.

That's the good part.

The last line, however, implies that either you have a permissions issue
(xastir can't read 'em) on the files in /usr/local/share/xastir/symbols/
or those files didn't get installed for some reason.

73

- --
Tate KC7ZRU
htp://kc7zru.net