[Xastir] Adding offline maps?

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Wed Sep 15 11:55:53 EDT 2004

On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 08:25:25AM -0700, a Mr. Richard Feyler of Fort Lee, New Jersey <steve at smay.net> writes 'Dear Rosanne Rosannadanna':
> Well after cleaning up various permissions, and getting map files into
> the /usr/ocal/share/xastir/maps directory, some of the maps are showing
> up, but not all.  The .map maps are working, but the .shp ones are not.
>  When doing the last configure and make the following was listed:

> xastir 1.3.2 has been configured using the
> following external libraries.
>
> Building with ShapeLib...... : no
>
> So it looks like my attempt to install ShapeLib support via the
> instructions from N1OFZ's web site did not work?  Any other messages
> during the process that I should look out for?

Look in config.log and see what error message got returned during the probe
for shapelib.  That might help pin down why it thinks it's not there.

> On another note, is there a way to search the mailing list archives
> other than pulling up each month separately?  I hate to post questions
> if I can find the answers there myself.

AFAIK, the only way is to download each month's .gz and zgrep it.
Other than that, perhaps Google's indexed enough of the web-based archives to
be of some help?

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1 http://www.qsl.net/~km5vy/
(1) Ignorance of your profession is best concealed by solemnity and silence,
which pass for profound knowledge upon the generality of mankind.
                -------"Advice to Officers of the British Army", 1783