[Xastir] Adding offline maps?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Sep 15 11:59:09 EDT 2004

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, Steven May wrote:

> xastir 1.3.2 has been configured using the
> following external libraries.
>
> Building with AX25.......... : no
> Building with Festival...... : no
> Building with GPSMan........ : no
> Building with ImageMagick... : yes
> Building with libproj....... : no
> Building with GeoTiff....... : no
> Building with GDAL/OGR...... : no
> Building with ShapeLib...... : no
> Building with pcre.......... : yes
> Building with dbfawk........ : no
>
> So it looks like my attempt to install ShapeLib support via the
> instructions from N1OFZ's web site did not work?

Correct.

> Any other messages
> during the process that I should look out for?

Well, you can find the section in config.log where "configure" was
looking for Shapelib and didn't find it.  That might give you some
clues.  You can also examine the INSTALL file to see what those
instructions are, to see if there's something that you skipped when
using the other instructions.