[Xastir] Sound/voice questions

Hasan Schiers schiers at netins.net
Thu Sep 16 12:07:37 EDT 2004

Curt, WE7U wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, Jason Hitesman wrote:
>

>>On my Debian Sarge install I don't have 'vplay' 'play' 'auplay' or any
>>other sound player that I'm used to.  I haven't done an exhaustive
>>search yet to find out what is on there...but just changing vplay to
>>play won't help for us Debian users.
>

> Understand.  It probably would help for the majority of Linux users
> though.
>

>>I'm also still not getting my speech from Festival.  (Not that it
>>matters since I'll have to stop using that when I get my soundmodem
>>working!) I haven't changed any configuration, the festival server is
>>still running and I can telnet to it and have it speak....and I don't
>>get any errors from xastir.  But no voice :(  It was working before but
>>a couple of CVS updates ago it stopped - I didn't notice exactly when
>>because I had the volume turned down.
>

> Again I ask:  What is the status of Festival support in CVS?  Is is
> working for anybody?  Anyone else having troubles now with it?
>
> We're getting ready to do a release, so it's important to know the
> answers to those questions right now.
>
> --
> Curt, WE7U			         http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
> "Lotto:    A tax on people who are bad at math." -- unknown

Festival appears to be working just fine in Xastir for me. Everything
checked under "Speech" is working. I'm using the CVS from about 10 days
ago and it works. The audio alarms don't work, and that is not a
Festival issue, but a "play", vplay or whatever. That's not Xastir's
problem, it's mine.

Help About reports the following:

Xastir 1.4.0
Libraries Used: