[Xastir] Connection failure popup?

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Thu Sep 16 22:30:29 EDT 2004

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004, ke4lkq wrote:

> personally I like the idea of having control over the popup via a switch of
> some sort.
>
> On Thursday 09 September 2004 14:03, Curt, WE7U wrote:
> > On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, Tapio Sokura wrote:
> > > This talk about popups reminded me of the annoying habit of Xastir to
> > > popup several windows (I have auto-reconnect enabled) when it loses
> > > connection to an APRS-IS server. Is there a way to disable these
> > > connection failure popups and just keep on trying the connection in the
> > > background (maybe just display the failure status in the status bar on
> > > the bottom)? Maybe a switch to the interface properties window, where
> > > you could select whether you want to know when the connection fails?

Just noticed that your message was straight to me instead of the
list.  Hope you don't mind that I post my response back to the list.
I'd like to see what the list thinks of this:

Now that the release is finally out, we can think about such things
again.  I've long thought that it'd be nice to have some sort of
status dialog that would present/contain these sorts of messages,
perhaps with some indicator on the main screen that says there's
been new stuff written there since you last perused the dialog.
That way we could get rid of popups except for perhaps the emergency
popups and the bulletin popups.  Whatcha' think about that idea?  We
could also time/date stamp the messages so that you'd know if they
were really old.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer