[Xastir] Xastir -CPU

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Sep 17 10:36:39 EDT 2004

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004, Gerry Creager N5JXS wrote:

> I'm beginning to think the answer to this is to convert the cygwin boxen
> to Linux and hide WINE behind the appropriate games.  I changed the icon
> and name of openoffice on the Windoze desktop to 'Office' and my wife
> and kids are perfectly happy...  I'm gonna sneak in a different hard
> drive with FC2 or SuSE 9.1 on it and see if they notice that...

My kids boot happily between SuSE and Win98 constantly, while my
wife uses Linux exclusively now.  They all know what they're using.
My wife doesn't care what OS is on there as long as it works for
her.

If the kids didn't have any Windows games, Win98 wouldn't be on
there either.  That would leave a couple of old dual-boot laptops
that would be booted into Windows only for the purpose of
configuring OpenTrackers/TinyTrackers/PocketTrackers.