[Xastir] Xastir -CPU

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Sep 17 10:41:55 EDT 2004

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004, Tom Russo wrote:

> Last test I did was with nexttime=200, which appears to get the total
> CPU usage down to 15-25%.  The little red arrow in the interface graphic
> on the bottom right doesn't flicker at the epilepsy-inducing rate it does when
> running with much lower nexttimes, but other than that the thing does
> seem to be working Just Fine and not consuming the machine.  "System"
> is still the dominant process, xastir is still in the single digits in CPU %.
>
> Gonna leave it running overnight and see how it looks in the morning.

I seem to remember that Henk figured out that he didn't get much of
a delay until he cranked it up, or he ran a couple of usleeps
back-to-back.  Probably something to do with the size of the timer
tick on Windows.

At line 11022 of main.c you'll see some Cygwin-specific usleeps.
Take that code out (or modify it) to implement your fix.  Please
make yours Cygwin-specific also so we don't mess up the other
operating system's timing.