[Xastir] Utimeter 2k 3 hour baro reading and wind speed

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Sep 24 16:16:33 EDT 2004

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 KD6VPE at cs.com wrote:

> I've been gone again for awhile. Just compiled Xastir 1.4. I notice the wind
> speed is not showing on the local weater data view. I also see that the 3-hour
> baro is failing when it goes negative.??  The code has really changed since I
> last worked with it. If it helps all of the data on the complete data stream
> that deals with negative values had an F as the first character of the HEX
> data stream.

Looked at that code a bit.  There's now a check for the wind speed
in bytes 452/453.  If wind speed is found there, the others are not
checked.  If it's not found, we check these bytes:

    004/005/006/007
    136/137/138/139
    284/285/286/287

for values.  The highest value of the three gets used plus its
corresponding wind direction field.

Some units have the wind speed bytes at 452/453, others do not.

Can you send me an example packet or three from your weather
station?

I'll check that the byte offsets and field length are correct
compared to the spec.  So far that 452/453 looks fishy, both in the
offset and the field length.