[Xastir] Utimeter 2k 3 hour baro reading and wind speed

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Mon Sep 20 14:40:04 EDT 2004

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 KD6VPE at cs.com wrote:

> I've been gone again for awhile. Just compiled Xastir 1.4. I notice the wind
> speed is not showing on the local weater data view. I also see that the 3-hour
> baro is failing when it goes negative.??  The code has really changed since I
> last worked with it. If it helps all of the data on the complete data stream
> that deals with negative values had an F as the first character of the HEX
> data stream. Are there any plans to record the weather data to MYSQL. I seem to
> remember some talk about this awhile back?.

There's a bug report about this in the Xastir SourceForge project
area.  If you could add your details to that bug report (if it fits
your problem), that'd be appreciated.  If the bug report doesn't fit
yours, add a new one.

I'm most likely responsible for breaking it.  I did over 1000
changes to the code w.r.t. string functions in order to make Xastir
more secure and to help prevent string overflow segfaults in the
future.  Along the way I broke a few things, 'cuz I couldn't spend
enough mindshare on each and every change to get all 1000 of them
correct.  Sorry about that.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer