[Xastir] Just wondering

Jason Hitesman jradio at hitesman.com
Mon Sep 27 23:01:45 EDT 2004

OK, my Xastir setup has been too stable the past few days so I'm getting
the urge to tinker again :D

I did manage to get a copy of snapshop.png setup so it's transposed into
a JPEG and resized for a couple of uses then stuck up on my local web
server, but that just got me thinking about more :D

I haven't really dug into the code yet which could probably answer this
question for me but....

How difficult would it be to get some of the info Xastir collects
exported out into a format I could parse to build some webpages out of.
  Stuff like my currently heard stations list and info about them.  Not
just the raw data that goes out over the server port - but more like the
internal tables Xastir uses so I can easily make a list of say all
stations I hear directly?

I know I could do it by setting up the server port and running UI-View
with the plug-in that captures stuff to MySQL.  But then I'd have to
fight with getting UI-View running reliably and I've had no luck with
that so far.

Are there any temp files Xastir creates I could try to parse out?  Or is
there an existing app that could listen in on the server port and create
this kind of info?

----
Jason Hitesman
N8INJ