[Xastir] Just wondering

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Tue Sep 28 01:29:37 EDT 2004

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004, Jason Hitesman wrote:

> OK, my Xastir setup has been too stable the past few days so I'm getting
> the urge to tinker again :D

Hmmm... Users are unhappy if it's unstable.  Users are unhappy if
it's too stable...

> Are there any temp files Xastir creates I could try to parse out?  Or is
> there an existing app that could listen in on the server port and create
> this kind of info?

Xastir doesn't really create any temp tables.  It's all kept in
memory.  The info is usually kept in linked lists of some type,
sometimes in hash tables or sometimes just hash tables that are
shortcuts into the linked lists.

Regarding the last question, you could create things in Perl5 that
would give you the information you're after, and could write HTML or
TEXT files as output for perusing with a web browser.  I've done
rather a lot of these myself.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer