[Xastir] sound alarms

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Sep 30 16:44:56 EDT 2004

Have you verified that the command listed in File->Configure->Audio
Alarms still works for you when typed at the command line with a
suitable sound file?

For instance, "play newstation.wav" when you're sitting in the
/usr/local/share/xastir/sounds/ directory.  You should see
"newstation.wav" there as well if you installed sound files.  Make
sure the permissions on those sound files and the directory they
reside in are ok as well.