[Xastir] sound alarms

Massimo Corinaldesi mc6041 at mclink.it
Thu Sep 30 17:51:07 EDT 2004

Yes, it plays from a terminal.

With Xastir 1.3.2, and previous 1.3.x versions I compiled, all went good.
I changed no permissions, and actual permissions seems good.
Seems as with 1.4 something changed from the point of view of sound
activation. It is not so important, but Xastir did not even starts noatun as
before. There are no error messages.

Perhaps I did some errors, but I don't know were...

Thanks for Your help Curt.

Alle 22:44, giovedì 30 settembre 2004, Curt, WE7U ha scritto:
> Have you verified that the command listed in File->Configure->Audio
> Alarms still works for you when typed at the command line with a
> suitable sound file?
>
> For instance, "play newstation.wav" when you're sitting in the
> /usr/local/share/xastir/sounds/ directory.  You should see
> "newstation.wav" there as well if you installed sound files.  Make
> sure the permissions on those sound files and the directory they
> reside in are ok as well.
>
> --
> Curt, WE7U			         http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
> "Lotto:    A tax on people who are bad at math." -- unknown

--->   Massimo Corinaldesi I0MCF
       http://www.ziomassimo.it