[Xastir] Change to RELAY digipeat function

James Ewen jewen at shaw.ca
Sat Apr 9 00:36:03 EDT 2005

> #2, but proceed with caution after comprehensive testing and
> re-testing, to make sure we're not fooling ourselves.

That's the hard part. To be able to do comprehensive testing, you really
need to make wholesale changes to all of the parts... You can change 1
digipeater, but it won't make a difference if the rest of the digipeaters
still implement the old parameters. The digipeaters need to drop RELAY, and
home stations need to change their RELAY into WIDE1-1 (only if they are in a
useful area). The trackers (meaning all APRS stations, mobile (whether full
blown or dumb), or home stations) need to use WIDE2-2 or less, and if
absolutely necessary, WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 to get a boost from the home stations.

Everything needs to make the change to the new parameters to be able to make
proper quantitative and qualitative analysis of the implications of said
changes.

James
VE6SRV