[Xastir] Change to RELAY digipeat function

Jeff Barlow Jeff at WB6CSV.net
Sat Apr 9 13:27:19 EDT 2005

Gerry Creager N5JXS <gerry.creager at tamu.edu>  wrote:

>If I thought we could get the top 5-6 folks in APRS with intersections
>in RF and networking in the same room, uninterrupted, for 2 days, I
>think we'd have a plan of action and assignments!

I guess I'm not sure just who you're thinking of, but it seems to
me like it would just degrade into a shouting match pretty
quickly. As soon as someone spoke the truth: 'APRS is broken',
those with fragile egos would go into defensive mode and it's all
downhill from there.

I'm an old retired networking guy. I worked on boxes that sat on
ARPAnet. I probably have a better handle on this stuff than most.
It's clear to me that Bob has some pretty twisted ideas about
networking. While ignorance is no sin, the combination of
ignorance and an unwillingness to admit mistakes is rather
intractable.

I think what's needed here is something like the response of the
free software folks to Microsoft et all. You just turn your back
on them and start over in a new direction.

Alas, my sense of things is that many hams tend to be
traditionalists who resist change. This is why I'm not very
active in the hobby anymore. I don't have the patience to try to
educate those who think they now it all.

--
Jeff Barlow
WB6CSV