[Xastir] aprs data in a database

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Fri Apr 15 21:33:58 EDT 2005

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005, Alessio Sangalli wrote:

> Ok I have found it. Fortunately you told me about those docs. I strongly
> disagree about the first three entries in that list, I always teach the
> opposite in my classes (I teach Java though). Anyway, I'll follow them when I
> play with Xastir source code :)

Check out the brand-new README.Contributing doc as well.  Added
within the last couple of days.

> PS would you give me an advice where, in the source code, a message from
> another station is received and sent to the screen? I've found it a bit
> confusing...

A lot of the code is confusing...  hi hi

For the most part you should start at db.c:decode_ax25_line().
You'll eventually end up at either msg_data_add() or data_add(),
depending on the type of packet it was.

Another key element is main.c:UpdateTime(), where the periodic
processes get triggered.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer