[Xastir] aprs data in a database

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Apr 19 16:06:27 EDT 2005

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005, Jeff Barlow wrote:

> jdw at eng.uah.edu  wrote:
>
> >Maybe they don't _want_ to dump all their current applications and run
> >linux, but would like to run xastir?
>
> I think you misunderstood. I don't think anyone is advocating
> dumping anything. My understanding is that those Sharp Zaurus
> gizmos that Curt was talking about run Linux as their default OS.
> They were never Windows based to start with.
>
> Both Qt and GTK+ have ports that run natively on Windows boxes.
> If anything this should make supporting Windows easier than it is
> with the current Motif based Xastir.

Yes, and I think you're both saying the same thing regarding
Windows.

Windows-native and MacOSX-native support would be probably the two
biggest reasons to switch to Gtk+ or Qt.  Next down the line would
be the ease of changing GUI components.  Way down the line would be
supporting native Qt or Qtopia computers:  The userbase would be
quite small for these.