[Xastir] aprs data in a database

Carl Makin carl at stagecraft.cx
Tue Apr 19 20:28:16 EDT 2005

On 20/04/2005, at 5:28 AM, jdw at eng.uah.edu wrote:

> The only bad thing about moving away from X is losing the ability to
> fire
> up a remote client.

We wouldn't be moving away from X.  We would be moving away from Motif.
  On platforms where the graphical interface is provided by X (such as
Linux and FreeBSD) you will still be able to fire it up as an X remote
client no matter which toolkit was decided upon.

Going with a multiplatform toolkit like QT, GTK+ or WxWidgets would
allow Xastir to run natively in those environments where X does *not*
provide the graphical interface such as MacOS X and Windows.

Carl.