[Xastir] aprs data in a database

Alessio Sangalli alesan at manoweb.com
Tue Apr 19 13:29:49 EDT 2005

Jeff Barlow wrote:

> Using GTK+ rather than Qt would, I think, avoid the licensing
> issues.

GTK+ is LGPL, Qt is GPL, so I think Qt has an even better license!

> GTK+ also allows one a choice of languages. C, C++,
> Python, and others are supported. It's entirely possible to mix
> languages within a single project.

Qt also has bindings for a lot of other programming languages, python
included. It has also IDEs to design GUIs and other advanced tools.

A very nice feature of Qt is that it allows you to *easily* access SQL
databases, XML, Network, OpenGL, from within a single toolkit. I have
used it and, at least for me, it rules :)

And Qt is VERY good-looking, which is nice too :)

73 IW2NYD

--
How to build an IR receiver
http://lnx.manoweb.com/lirc

Nexstar cable
hittp://lnx.manoweb.com/astro/telescope/cable