[Xastir] aprs data in a database

Jeff Barlow Jeff at WB6CSV.net
Tue Apr 19 13:53:03 EDT 2005

Alessio Sangalli <alesan at manoweb.com>  wrote:

>GTK+ is LGPL, Qt is GPL, so I think Qt has an even better license!

Well, I guess that's a matter of ones point of view. The GPL is
certainly more restrictive. The LGPL gives us more options.

>Qt also has bindings for a lot of other programming languages, python
>included.

But not plain old C, unless something has changed recently.

> It has also IDEs to design GUIs and other advanced tools.
>A very nice feature of Qt is that it allows you to *easily* access SQL
>databases, XML, Network, OpenGL, from within a single toolkit.

This is all true of both KDE/Qt and Gnome/GTK+. This is where
some of the other, less well supported, toolkits get left behind.

--
Jeff Barlow
WB6CSV