[Xastir] Shapefile creation help?

Nick Kartsioukas change-xastir at nightwind.net
Fri Apr 22 04:08:27 EDT 2005

Hoping someone can give me a hint as to what I'm doing wrong...

Following the example in the README.MAPS file (but giving it my own
coordinates):

# shpcreate posts point
# dbfcreate posts -n ID 8 0 -s CFCC 3 -s NAME 30
# shpadd posts 35.79861 -120.97361
# dbfadd posts 1 'X\m ' Start

Load it into Xastir, and I see these errors in the console:

index_restore_from_file: bottom extent incorrect 75950499 in map name: posts.shp
index_restore_from_file: top extent incorrect 75950499 in map name: posts.shp

All I did was put one point in it...what could I have screwed up?

--
Nick Kartsioukas 	|  KF6UZB
change at nightwind.net	|  NK2694