[Xastir] DBFAWK files for geobase.ca maps

James Ewen jewen at shaw.ca
Fri Apr 22 00:50:13 EDT 2005

> I'm relatively new to aprs and Xastir.  I've done some reading and found
> out that I need some dbfawk files in order to display alot of the data
> contained in shape file maps.  Has anybody developed some dbfwk files for
> the road map data available for geobase.ca for Canadian maps?  If not I
> think I might try my hand at developing some.  I just don't feel like
> repaeating any effort. Please let me know.

I have a dbfawk file that I use for the geobase data in Alberta. I still
haven't settled on the best choice of colours, etc... It is a starting point
to get you over the initial hump.

I find that the Alberta roadway data is separated into more road types than
I am worried about. I really only want 3 road levels. Main and Secondary
highways that show up at all zoom levels, collector roads that show up once
zoomed in closer, and then street level detail. I still haven't figured out
what colours work everywhere...

James
VE6SRV