[Xastir] Where to look for serial TNS setup help

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Apr 22 12:17:41 EDT 2005

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 kc0atc at frii.com wrote:

> Now I have acquired an old MFJ-1278 TNC and
> I would like to use it and free up my
> soundcard for other purposes.
>
> I can get to the TNC using minicom.
> But when I try to do so using xastir, it just
> sits there.  The tnc.log file just shows
> timestamps and nothing else.  I've
> tried KISS mode and regular serial mode.
>
> I think the startup file I should use is the one
> for tnc2-ui (?)

Nope.  The tnc2-ui is a european TNC.  I doubt you'll find many of
those over here in the states.

What you have is a TAPR-2 clone I believe.

Try the tnc-startup.paccomm or tnc-startup.pico files, as those are
probably the closest to what you might need for a TAPR-2 clone.

I'm surprised we don't have one specific to tapr-2 clones.  Seems
like we should by now.