[Xastir] Perfromance Comparison

Ryan Tourge k2rrt.lists at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 14:55:52 EST 2005

I have Xastir 1.4.2 running on two computer here. The first is a Sony
Vaio FXA63 with an AMD Athlon XP 1.4 GHz and 256MB RAM. The PC is home
built with an AMD Duron 800MHz processor and 320MB RAM.

Both installations are using proMEPIS and a compiled Xastir is
configured the same way for both (including map caching).

On the laptop maps load much faster then the desktop.  Should I just
assume that it is due to the laptop having more "ponies under the
hood"? The only reason I ask is the processor activity doesn't show
that much of difference between the two machines. Or do you think
there is somethign else I should be looking at? Once the maps are
cached it works fine.

Thanks for any help or pointers...

--
Ryan Tourge - K2RRT