[Xastir] xastir as satgate?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Feb 3 12:17:27 EST 2005

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, Jason Winningham wrote:

> So I've got radio, tnc, and linux box running xastir.  How do I make a
> SatGate (for pcsat/iss operation) out of it?  Just create radio
> interface, create internet server interface to tier 2 server, allow
> RF->Igate traffic, and I'm gating?
>
> What makes a SatGate out of it (as seen on
> http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/pcsat.cgi)?

You know more about it than I, judging from your recent post to
APRSSIG.  You're on the right track.

I think just turning on global igating from RF->INET in
File->Configure->Defaults, then doing the same for the RF interface
you're using should get you functional.  Whether you pop up on the
lists of satgates is most likely a function of the symbol & overlay
you choose, but that doesn't actually affect the satgate
functionality.

I'd be wary of gating in the other direction though, for satellites
anyway.