[Xastir] Problems enabling I-gating on Solaris.

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Feb 4 14:59:02 EST 2005

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005, Dick C. Reichenbach wrote:

> on, Xastir "caught Segfault" within a couple of seconds after pressing
> OK, and crashed.  I tried restarting, but it wouldn't.  As soon as it
> would finish loading the maps, it would immediatly segfault and die.
> The only way was to edit the xastir.cnf file to turn off transmit
> control on my internet device.  I couldn't get debugging to tell me
> anything useful.

Try uncommenting some of the fprintf's in igate.c:output_igate_net()
to see if that's the function that's doing it to you.  At least
uncomment the two nearest the beginning and end of the function.

It's possible that there are some malformed KISS packets that are
causing a problem, probably a buffer overrun.