[Xastir] Weather Alerts

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Feb 8 09:02:14 EST 2005

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005, James Ewen wrote:

> > You don't have Disable All Maps clicked do you?  You decompressed
> > the NOAA shapefiles and put them into the
> > /usr/local/share/xastir/Counties directory, right?
> >
> > You might try copying the files into your maps directory (or
> > symlinking to them), re-index, then test whether the maps are
> > viewable in Xastir.  I often use the county shapefile as a map so I
> > keep symlinks from my maps directory to the Counties directory.
>
> I've been reading this thread with interest, since I too am trying to get
> weather alerts working. I now have a symbolic link to the Counties
> directory, and can display the shapes as a map.
>
> I have the Weather Alert Counties and Area Color Fills enabled. I'm
> listening on the northwest.aprs2.net:14579 feed. Is there weather alert data
> on this feed, or is it filtered out?

This is what I have in my /usr/local/share/xastir/Counties
directory:

c_28au03.dbf c_28au03.shp c_28au03.shx
fz04my04.dbf fz04my04.shp fz04my04.shx
hz02oc01.dbf hz02oc01.shp hz02oc01.shx
mz15jl04.dbf mz15jl04.shp mz15jl04.shx
oz24mr04.dbf oz24mr04.shp oz24mr04.shx
placeholder
w_28au03.dbf w_28au03.shp w_28au03.shx
z_15jl04.dbf z_15jl04.shp z_15jl04.shx

Look similar, but perhaps with newer files?