[Xastir] Weather Alerts

James Ewen jewen at shaw.ca
Mon Feb 7 22:40:54 EST 2005

> You don't have Disable All Maps clicked do you?  You decompressed
> the NOAA shapefiles and put them into the
> /usr/local/share/xastir/Counties directory, right?
>
> You might try copying the files into your maps directory (or
> symlinking to them), re-index, then test whether the maps are
> viewable in Xastir.  I often use the county shapefile as a map so I
> keep symlinks from my maps directory to the Counties directory.

I've been reading this thread with interest, since I too am trying to get
weather alerts working. I now have a symbolic link to the Counties
directory, and can display the shapes as a map.

I have the Weather Alert Counties and Area Color Fills enabled. I'm
listening on the northwest.aprs2.net:14579 feed. Is there weather alert data
on this feed, or is it filtered out?

James
VE6SRV