[Xastir] Re: Weather Alerts (James Ewen)

KK6RW kk6rw at kk6rw.com
Wed Feb 9 04:41:48 EST 2005

>> You don't have Disable All Maps clicked do you?  You decompressed
>> the NOAA shapefiles and put them into the
>> /usr/local/share/xastir/Counties directory, right?
>>
>> You might try copying the files into your maps directory (or
>> symlinking to them), re-index, then test whether the maps are
>> viewable in Xastir.  I often use the county shapefile as a map so I
>> keep symlinks from my maps directory to the Counties directory.
>
> I've been reading this thread with interest, since I too am trying to get
> weather alerts working. I now have a symbolic link to the Counties
> directory, and can display the shapes as a map.
>
> I have the Weather Alert Counties and Area Color Fills enabled. I'm
> listening on the northwest.aprs2.net:14579 feed. Is there weather alert
> data
> on this feed, or is it filtered out?
>
> James
> VE6SRV

James,

The northwest.aprs2.net server provides a full feed including all weather
alert data. The only filtering would be your specified filter settings using
the 14580 port.

I too am trying to get the weather alerts working but I've been
unsuccessful. I have put the shapefiles in the
/usr/local/share/xastir/Counties directory. I'll try copying the files to
the maps directory, then reindexing.

Randy, KK6RW