[Xastir] Weather Alert Counties Crash

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Feb 9 11:32:37 EST 2005

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, James Ewen wrote:

> > You might also try running Xastir as "xastir -v2047 &" from and
> > xterm, which will give you the most verbose debug output.  Perhaps
> > it will give us some clues as to where in the code it is crashing.
>
> Wow, that sure makes you realize how much is going on behind the scenes! I
> resized the map window down so that I could watch the xterm window. I was
> able to zoom out to 128K, which made all the map data dissappear. I zoomed
> back in to 16K, expanded the window to full screen, and zoomed out to 64K.
> Poof, everything gone again.
>
> Where can I find a log file that might have more info? Is the verbose output
> logged somewhere?

Only if you request it.  Type this

    (xastir -v2047 2>&1) | tee problem.log

What that does is run Xastir in a subshell (the parenthesis), pipe
STDERR to STDOUT inside that shell (the "2>&1" part), then pipe it
through the "tee" program so that it goes to both a file and to
STDOUT.  You can look at "problem.log" later with "view" or "less".