[Xastir] Weather Alert Counties Crash

James Ewen jewen at shaw.ca
Wed Feb 9 02:05:04 EST 2005

>> I broke it again!
>
> Man, who let this guy have a computer!  ;-)

Some company is missing out on an excellent bug tester!

> Are you running with dbfawk enabled?  Check your Help->About window
> to see.

I am indeed... no need to check and see there!

> If so, try running without it to see if that makes a
> difference.  "configure --without-dbfawk" and them "make install".

I'll have to try that later.

> Is there anything showing in the xterm that you started Xastir from
> when it crashes?  Can you duplicate this problem every time?

Nope... the xterm window dies at the same time that Xastir map window dies.
As a matter of fact, the X server goes poof too! No waiting either...
Everything associated with Cygwin just dissappears.

> You might also try running Xastir as "xastir -v2047 &" from and
> xterm, which will give you the most verbose debug output.  Perhaps
> it will give us some clues as to where in the code it is crashing.

Wow, that sure makes you realize how much is going on behind the scenes! I
resized the map window down so that I could watch the xterm window. I was
able to zoom out to 128K, which made all the map data dissappear. I zoomed
back in to 16K, expanded the window to full screen, and zoomed out to 64K.
Poof, everything gone again.

Where can I find a log file that might have more info? Is the verbose output
logged somewhere?

James
VE6SRV