[Xastir] 2004 Tiger Files

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Feb 14 17:22:12 EST 2005

 From the Tiger site:

    http://www.census.gov/geo/www/tiger/tiger2004fe/tgr2004fe.html

"With the 2004 First Edition TIGER/Line files, the U.S. Census
Bureau is beginning twice a year releases of the TIGER/Line files.
The 2004 First Edition TIGER/Line files are the first of two
versions of the TIGER/Line files that will contain 2004 geographic
boundaries. The Census Bureau is releasing the 2004 First Edition
TIGER/Line files by county or statistically equivalent entity based
on the latest available governmental unit boundaries (January 1,
2004). The 2004 First Edition TIGER/Line file coverage is as
follows: all counties, parishes, boroughs, census areas and
equivalent entities for each state, the District of Columbia, Puerto
Rico and the Island Areas.

The 2004 First Edition TIGER/Line files are the first version of the
TIGER/Line files to include counties or statistically equivalent
entities containing realigned street feature coordinates that have
progressed through the MAF/TIGER Accuracy Improvement Project.
Except for those counties with realigned street features, the 2004
First Edition TIGER/Line files contain very few updates to street
features or address ranges from the Census 2000 versions of the
TIGER/Line files."

I think this is a new release from the fles we processed last year.
Anyone want to process them into Shapefiles and make them available
for download again?  Do we have enough space on the site down in
Texas to put these files?