[Xastir] Map set bookmarks?

Tapio Sokura oh2kku at iki.fi
Sat Feb 19 14:31:32 EST 2005

Hi,

I like the map bookmarks that xastir provides. But since I have several
different kinds of maps, it would be nice if you could group certain
maps to be a map set, i.e. you could switch maps with a single click. So
I could change from topographic maps to road maps to vector maps to
whatever I have easily, without having to select and deselect the maps
separately in the map chooser.

I guess you could almost do this by carefully organizing your maps into
hierarchical directories. But I'm the sort of person that has a tendency
to just throw maps here and there and currently I don't have a clear
categorization by the type of maps (instead they are grouped by location
of the maps). But even then it would be faster to have for example two
views side by side in the map bookmarks dialog. From the other you could
select the location and zoom as you do now and from the other you could
select a certain group of maps to display. Naturally some kind of
configuration system would be needed, maybe in the the map properties
screen where you can set the zoom levels etc.

   Tapio