[Xastir] Map set bookmarks?

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sat Feb 19 19:09:13 EST 2005

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005, Tapio Sokura wrote:

> I like the map bookmarks that xastir provides. But since I have several
> different kinds of maps, it would be nice if you could group certain maps to
> be a map set, i.e. you could switch maps with a single click. So I could
> change from topographic maps to road maps to vector maps to whatever I have
> easily, without having to select and deselect the maps separately in the map
> chooser.
>
> I guess you could almost do this by carefully organizing your maps into
> hierarchical directories. But I'm the sort of person that has a tendency to
> just throw maps here and there and currently I don't have a clear
> categorization by the type of maps (instead they are grouped by location of
> the maps). But even then it would be faster to have for example two views side
> by side in the map bookmarks dialog. From the other you could select the
> location and zoom as you do now and from the other you could select a certain
> group of maps to display. Naturally some kind of configuration system would be
> needed, maybe in the the map properties screen where you can set the zoom
> levels etc.

How about having yet another column in the Map Chooser->Properties
dialog for Map Set, having any number in there from say 1 to 99.
You could then enter a map set of interest and your maps would
switch to that set.

FWIW:  I often switch between street maps and topo maps, and it
would be good to have a custom setup of maps for each.  If the Map
Set had both a number and a description field, you could also label
them nicely so that you didn't forget which number was for which
type of map.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer