[Xastir] Map set bookmarks?

Tapio Sokura oh2kku at iki.fi
Sat Feb 19 21:04:43 EST 2005

Curt Mills wrote:
> How about having yet another column in the Map Chooser->Properties
> dialog for Map Set, having any number in there from say 1 to 99.
> You could then enter a map set of interest and your maps would
> switch to that set.

This is what I tried to say, you said it better. And the text labels
would be good to have for the map sets as well, so you won't forget what
each set meant.

The user should also be able to select more than one map set to be
displayed at the same time. Or perhaps the user should be able to define
that a particular map piece belongs to more than one map set. Or maybe
even both, I haven't thought this through. Anyway the idea is that the
user could someway select a combination of different types of maps to
display simultaneously, like Nautical charts and vector road maps for
example. The maps could be layered on top of each other according to the
normal map layering order.

   Tapio