[Xastir] Map set bookmarks?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Feb 22 16:02:56 EST 2005

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005, Tapio Sokura wrote:

> Curt Mills wrote:
> > How about having yet another column in the Map Chooser->Properties
> > dialog for Map Set, having any number in there from say 1 to 99.
> > You could then enter a map set of interest and your maps would
> > switch to that set.
>
> This is what I tried to say, you said it better. And the text labels
> would be good to have for the map sets as well, so you won't forget what
> each set meant.
>
> The user should also be able to select more than one map set to be
> displayed at the same time. Or perhaps the user should be able to define
> that a particular map piece belongs to more than one map set. Or maybe
> even both, I haven't thought this through. Anyway the idea is that the
> user could someway select a combination of different types of maps to
> display simultaneously, like Nautical charts and vector road maps for
> example. The maps could be layered on top of each other according to the
> normal map layering order.

This tends to make me want a separate Map Collection configure
dialog where I can switch between various map collections and then
select which maps from the Map Chooser would be part of it.  That
way you could have one map be present in multiple collections.

It's probably also be good to have a "Clone" button so that you
could start with one map collection and clone it, then add/delete
from it to come up with a new configuration.