[Xastir] Profile

Tyson S. timbercutter at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 21 13:08:40 EST 2005

I used the bash window to generate my pass code for Xastir, and then
entered it into the Xastir setup window for the Internet server once it
was running. But it was the wrong code or something because I kept
getting TCPXX on Findu. I then entered the pass code I got for UIVIEW
instead and now it works just fine, I am now showing TCPIP on Findu. If
the pass code is generated off your call sign, how can it generate a
code if you never have entered your call sign anywhere yet?

--- Bill Vodall - WA7NWP <wa7nwp at jnos.org> wrote:

> > http://www.lintronix.com/winxastir/BasicInstall.txt the
> instructions
> > ask you to generate the inet pass code before you ever open xastir
> for
> > the first time, so how can it generate the right code without your
> > callsign being entered in first? I tried to generate it a second
> time
> > and received the same number again. But still TCPXX on findu....?
>
> Did you put the pass code number in the configuration box for the
> Internet server.  The two programs are totally separate.  Once you
> generate the code, then you have have to use it when you set up
> your Internet Interfaces in Xastir.
>
> I'll make sure Nano is included in the dependencies for the install.
>  Being
> a "VI" bigot, I have a hard time remembering to support other
> editors.   Nano
> will be a good addition for the "minimal" install which is now
> available.
>
> 73,
> Bill - wa7nwp
> http://www.lintronix.com/winxastir