[Xastir] YAFRODU

Tapio Sokura oh2kku at iki.fi
Mon Feb 21 13:42:37 EST 2005

John Kraus wrote:
> You missed my point.  Xastir has no actual maps in the basic install
> unless you have an internet connection.  I think this is a bad idea

The world shapefile is included with Xastir, it has country names,
borders and large waters (at least oceans, hi). But I guess the problem
with that is that shapefile support is not a part of the basic set of
supported map formats. I agree that some kind of always usable basic
world map would be a good idea, and by default zoomed enough out so you
can actually see that it is a world map.

   Tapio