[Xastir] YAFRODU

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Tue Feb 22 04:36:21 EST 2005

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005, John Kraus wrote:

> This is why I think the DosAPRS maps should be first choice.
>
> Created by hams for hams no license issues at all.
>
> Very compact and fast so no real overhead on downloads or lightweight
> hardware.
>
> Tools exist to modify these maps to any reasonable level of precision needed
> for basic operations.
>
> The hard part is getting someone to include them in the distribution on
> Sourceforge.

Naw, that's the easy part.

The hard part is finding some that have no restrictions/copyright
problems.

If someone can find such maps that are in dosAPRS/WinAPRS/PocketAPRS
format that are ok for us to use and don't add much to our .tgz
size, we could add them to the distribution.  Actually it might be
better to not add them to the .tgz but to create a separate download
for them.  They could be added into CVS though.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer