[Xastir] Basic Maps for Xastir

Dan Brown brown at brauhaus.org
Tue Feb 22 14:38:06 EST 2005

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Feb 2005, Jason Winningham wrote:
>
> > Is there an easy way to convert shapefiles to APRSdos format?
>
> Not that I know of.  What I've mentioned before was that it'd be
> great to write a module for OGR so that it could understand APRSdos
> and WinAPRS map formats, then we could convert between all the
> vector map styles using ogr2ogr.

Am not sure this is all relevant, but...  here's a couple links I found
while digging around recently - possible things to add to the README.maps
file.

Tiger 2 APRS converter - looks dated, however:

http://www.users.cloud9.net/~alan/ham/aprs/
http://www.users.cloud9.net/~alan/ham/aprs/tig2aprs.html

Huge list of GIS tools and such, also has format descriptions:
http://www.grime.net/gistools/

Looks like this may be a good converter, but I've not D/L'ed yet:
http://grass.baylor.edu//

I haven't yet determined if there's a good way to go from shapefile to aprs
though.

--
Dan Brown
brown at brauhausdc.org