[Xastir] Basic Maps for Xastir

Dan Brown brown at brauhaus.org
Wed Feb 23 08:26:12 EST 2005

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005, Gerry Creager N5JXS wrote:

> It'd take a LOT.  Most use a proprietary format and require some form of
> non-disclosure and closed source work to happen.  None of them do a
> stellar job keeping up with real changes in local mapping, either.  They
> DO have a pretty presentation, but that's just a dbfawk session or 2
> away now in xastir.

I will say this - Precision Mapping seems to be willing to work with the
APRS folks - UI-View supports it, and WinAPRS does now too.  Last I
emailed UnderTow, though, they didn't have any plans to support any
platforms other than Windows.

See:	http://www.ui-view.org/
	http://www.winaprs.org/WAPRSdoc.htm
        http://chicagomap.com/